Call for the First International Libraries, Archives and Museums Conference (LAM), Montenegro, 2018
Venue: National Library of Montenegro “Đurđe Crnojević” – Cetinje, Montenegro, May 24 – 25, 2018.
Organizer: National Library of Montenegro “Đurđe Crnojević” in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture of Montenegro
Subject: “Cooperation between libraries, archives and museums – PROMOTION OF HERITAGE AND ACQUAINTING THE PUBLIC WITH IT”
Sub – subjects:
- The Role of Heritage Institutions in The Promotion of Cultural Heritage;
- The Importance and Role of the Public in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage;
- Libraries, Archives and Museums: Trends of Cooperation and Cooperation;
- Trends and Possibilities of New User Services;
- Information Services in the Favor of the Public;
- New Skills and New Services / Education of Employees in Heritage Institutions;
- Preservation and Protection of Library, Archival and Museum Materials;
- Libraries, Archives, Museums and Modern Information Society – State and Perspectives;
- Application of International Legal and Social Acts in the System of Protection of Cultural Heritage in Montenegro;
- Devotion to the Promotion and Protection of the Values of the Profession Itself – of Librarians, Archivists, Museologists.
The aim of the conference is to establish closer cooperation between libraries, archives and museums at all levels in order to implement protection, accessibility, research, promotion and dissemination of information on cultural and scientific heritage with the application of new technologies and European standards.
One of the main goals of the conference is advocacy for the promotion and protection of the values of the profession itself (librarian, archivist, museologist) in the modern information society, for an open dialogue between experts within the diversity of their professions and in general spreading of heritage literacy among them, their users and the general public.
The working languages of the conference are Montenegrin, Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian and English.
Registration fee for the conference is 25.00 €. Students do not pay registration fee. Registration fee includes participation, working material, welcome drink, refreshments during breaks and dinner. You can make a payment to the bank account 535-11-579-68 Prva Banka, with the note “for the Conference – Registration fee” (payment can also be made on the conference day).
CALL – Call for papers is open from March 30 to April 30, 2018, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Instructions for submission of an abstract:
- Author (i)
- Abstract (250 to 400 words, font Times New Roman, size 12)
- Phone number
- e-mail address
The Conference participants will receive notification of the acceptance of their works no later than 10 May 2018.
For all further information or details please contact us at: email@example.com.